Saturday, March 31, 2007

Depth

Yeah baby you say you still love me
Even after the silent divorce, I ain't free
Ten long years of marriage, yeah five were hell
Said you just had to quit me, low tolls the bell

Time is an illusion, yeah simply man's invention
Our two glorious children became my utter salvation
They pulled me from the pit, from the brink of despair
Everything happens for a reason, doesn't matter if it's fair

I placed you high upon my plastered pedestal of love
Belief is the grandest thing I own, my treasure trove
Now I believe our faked failed love was never real
Cannot stop this mental train, I no longer feel

Do you see my deepest emotions that now come unbidden
Lifetime of pain long buried, no, it is no longer hidden
Self realization of wasted days, spent it with hard currency
Now each moments a pearl, savored in a sense of urgency

No comments: